Aug 25, 2011 @ 12:30 AM
it's so important to find something you enjoy doing.
a certain something that makes you feel alive all over again.
that sustains you and gives you purpose, no matter how rough the day has been.
i guess all of us have dreams.
sometimes we just need that little push. that determination to say 'YES i have to do it'.
the courage to face our dreams.
and the best people to do it with.
Aug 22, 2011 @ 10:31 PM
that made me smile :)
missing those days badly.
Aug 21, 2011 @ 1:07 AM
today - 20th aug, is an awesome day.
i got my iPhone up and working.
i had a massive bbq gathering with 18 others, of which quite a number are people i hold dearly to.
i had the heartiest chat with a best friend on phone.
i came home to an episode of khuntoria's maldives which is finally aired! and yongseo's special stage that i've been waiting for so long.
to all simple joys in life.
Aug 17, 2011 @ 11:21 PM
feels useless, abandoned, unwanted and valueless!
Aug 14, 2011 @ 12:23 PM
Aug 10, 2011 @ 11:57 PM
A Way with Words
had a truly enlightening session today.
i swear i'd never felt this inspired before.
if you'd listened to him, you wouldn't doubt how he got here today. he's sincere as a leader, and motivating as a speaker.
some of the takeaways from the session with Michael, our Country Officer today.
- You don't have to change jobs to feel challenged. In a company as huge as ours, as long as you name it, we have it.
- Few years down the road, your phones will ring every day, people will hunt you down. But do not leave because they offer you twice the salary, because that offer is always going to be there, as long as you are worth that much. Ask yourself, are you sure you have learnt enough here?
- If at any point in time the learning curve flattens, please throw your hands up and say 'hey come on challenge me!'. That way, you'll never stop growing.
- If you're not here to stay, then don't expect me to be nice. Because we are serious about developing people here. There's no other place that empowers you, a newbie, like we do.
- We throw you, with zero experience in banking, into a pool of people with years and years of experience. And they think, what do you kids know? But that's normal of them, because they know there's a long line out there queueing for their positions. So, learn, even from things as small as buying coffee.
- Don't say I'm new and therefore I don't know and it's not my fault. When we throw you to do something, however steep the curve may be, just ride on it and you'll get it.
- I am a Country Officer, and you'll be surprised that, at my level I talk to my people more than I talk to clients. There's no bigger challenge than talent management. Banking is a business of ideas, and ideas are born out of people. If I can't keep my people, I can't keep the business.
- A banking license is a privilege. To be holding people's money is a privilege. Some people get lost along the way but don't even try, because we hold more responsibilities than anybody else. Live up to that trust.
He ended off by asking if we can all make him a promise.
So we said, "Yes."
And then he said, "Today we groom you. But please, don't fire me."
humourous you call it. a way with words i say.
Aug 8, 2011 @ 11:00 PM
it's been a while since my blood boiled so bad.
you and your arrogance will get you nowhere, seriously.
that damned attitude of yours needs to be fixed.
do something about it before it comes too late.
Aug 1, 2011 @ 11:12 PM
rarrrrrr guess all of us are feeling super lost at work.
i dont just feel like an intern.
what's worse is i feel like an added BURDEN to my dept. lingering around my boss's door every 10 min to check if he's finally free to talk, and thinking whether am i bothering them when i have too many questions that are like DUH to them.
lol. the bosses pretty much dont know what to do with us :\ HAHA such is the life of fresh grads who know close to nothing (this is when u start to wonder what is education for the past 15 years for), and then got thrown into the sea to swim by ourselves.
but it's okay. WE WILL SURVIVE.
"walk on water." --- the one and only motto we live by, lol.
loves daddy mummy
loves my family
loves my friends
loves fUng 峯
* yamapi, jin
* louis koo
* wch, fuhaifeng
* hk dramas
* badminton, vball
* music & piano
* quality time with loved ones
* words of affirmation
Where to go.
cxy & fangxuan
kiamian the notsoglam
Tell me something?